What a handsome boy!!! Today was the first day of K4!
Look how big his backpack was last year!
And now this year, he's grown into it (hunched over running, so you can't tell as well, but grown into it)
Eve had to bring her backpack as well...to drop John off AND to pick him up. Poor thing, she wants so badly to go to school. It's right up her alley, but I didn't know she'd want to go so badly, so I thought I'd keep her home with me just one more year.John is starting his second year at Simpsonville United Methodist Church Preschool. He's going 3 mornings a week again, from 8:30 or 9 until 12. His teachers are Mrs. Dean and Mrs. Medlen. I've only met them briefly, but they seem super nice and wonderful with kids. John was a little bit excited about school, which sort of surprised me. He went into the class great and didn't think twice about us leaving. When I picked him up he said he had a fun day, but then gave me the old "I don't want to talk about it" from last year. We went out for a special lunch, and with a little more prying, he started to tell me a little. I think he said his favorite part was gluing. The teachers both said he was so sweet today. He wanted to hold their hands and snuggle next to them while they were sitting. That's right, he's a lover. I forgot to mention in his birthday post, but everyone loves John because he's so very affectionate. He's always hugging and kissing, and snuggling up to read. In fact, when our church small group was finishing up last weekend, he planted one right on a little girl's lips. She's also in his class at school. We're going to have to watch out for them!
In other news, Eve has started to turn a corner and is being very sweet to Ellie again. She still craves attention, and often grabs my face in her hands and turns it toward her to make sure I'm paying attention, or last night grabbed me by the nose to turn my head and said "no talking" while I was in conversation with some guests. When it comes to Ellie, though, she's back to being concerned about making sure she's not crying and has what she needs. She gives her sweet kisses and hugs (I suppose Eve is quite the lover, too). I think she's starting to forget what life was like without her, and is starting to embrace her new reality and the fun of being sisters. She and John have started playing very rough with each other, but a majority of the time it's all in fun and they laugh and laugh. Ellie has laughed a few more times. Today I didn't even have to tickle her.
1 comment:
Oh how sweet to hear about John's first day at school. He looks so grownup. And Eve wanting to go, she is still chronologically young so you definitely have the right to keep her home another year. She and Ellie will bond in their own way different than she and John. They are all growing so quickly. Thank you for sharing with us as this makes them so real and I can remember back when....
Post a Comment