Friday, May 25, 2012

Ellie is TWO!

Since Eve's birthday is tomorrow, I probably ought to go ahead and catch up on Ellie's birthday.  Ellie is officially terrible!  She's really not terrible, she's just two.  She didn't know what to expect for her birthday, but as I suspected once she got presents, cake, and ice cream, she's been very interested in birthdays.  We went to McDonalds (her favorite) for lunch, then just a small family celebration pizza and party in the evening.  I love her facial expressions in the first few pictures of card and gift opening.


 Ellie LOVES LOVES LOVES these glasses from Aunt Michelle.  She really enjoyed everything (as you can see on her face), but these glasses were, and still are, a super hit!
 John and Eve were dying to help.  Ellie opened a little, then gladly let them help when they offered.

 It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to!  I can't remember what happened here.  Maybe we took the toys away to make room for the cake?  She recovered pretty quickly.



Here she is with the bear John and Eve gave her in the hospital when they met her for the first time.  That's one of the sweetest faces (and some of the sweetest thighs) I know.  We can't hardly go anywhere without people stopping us to ooh and ahh over this sweet and silly little girl.  People are amazed at how much, and how well she talks.  Even the pediatrician was impressed; although, after the first few minutes she was very leary of him and didn't want to say anything any more...until she started screaming (she did NOT enjoy the pediatrician).  Not only does she talk a lot, but she understands a lot.  At the pediatrician I felt a little silly, but I started to explain to her that she'd get a shot and it would hurt, but it would go away and we'd get a treat.  In a whimpering voice she said, "O-tay", and cried for the shot, but clearly understood that she'd get through it and a treat was coming.  Ellie still loves to make people laugh, and is quite good at it, both with what she says and her physical expressions.  She's quite a ham.  She's turning into quite a snuggle bug as long as it's on her terms.  She comes up to me often to give me sweet hugs and kisses.  She loves fun TV.  She loves her brother and sister and wants to copy everything they do.  Sometimes this is good, sometimes not.  Well before she turned two she had already learned to say, "I'm telling Mom!", and she knew what it meant.  She loves dressing up and wearing her princess shoes.  She's still pretty dependent, by choice, but is starting a little rebellion of her own.  She's been repeating "NO!" in a pretty nasty tone for a while, mostly after hearing Eve say it, but now she's doing that a bit on her own.  She's not a big fan of getting in the car seat.  She does have very nice manners...always saying "please", "thank you", and "you're welcome".  I so wish I could share her humor on the blog, but it's not something I can put my finger on.  A lot of it is just who she is, and how she says things.  She is an absolute joy.  Happy Birthday, Ellie.  We love you so much!  You are the best Mother's Day gift I will ever receive and such a blessing from God!

No comments: