For those of you who don't know, South Carolina grows more peaches than any other state except California. We've easily eaten our weight in peaches this summer already, and there are still several weeks in the season. We went to Fisher's Orchard again this year and brought along a friend who is a photographer. She took the first picture and several others that turned out amazingly (http://photosbysabrinablog.com/peach-picking/), but here are mine...
I don't think I had even unloaded everyone from the car before John found his way into a tree. He LOVES climbing the trees, and they're perfect for it. He only fell out 2 or 3 times, but no harm done. The peaches were worth the sacrificial scrapes.
It's nearly impossible to get a good picture of 3 kids, particularly when they don't want their picture taken, particularly when they're in a tree, particularly when all three don't exactly want to be in the tree.
"Ellie! Don't eat that one! That one was on the ground!"
And this is why I don't have many pictures of John's sweet face picking and eating peaches. Did I mention he loves climbing the trees?
We picked a ton, and ate several, then per my maternity obsession, I decided to try making jam.
I had pools of juice in my lap that had dripped from my elbows while peeling. I can't capture the smell and feel of fresh local peaches dripping down my arms, but this comes sort of close.
Hard at work making a big mess
13 jars of YUM!
I'm not sure I've tried peach jam before, but I gave it a shot today. It's heavenly!















No comments:
Post a Comment