We've had the kids' Halloween costumes for well over a month. It's one thing I figured I could check off my list early. Needless to say, as a result, they've been rather excited about Halloween for a long time!
Eve got to wear her costume to dance class the week before Halloween. Ellie is dressed in her dance outfit (mind you, she doesn't take dance, just dresses for it and watches through the window). Eve and Ellie are quite the posers! Unfortunately, the Ariel costume was not well suited for dancing, so this is the only time Eve actually wore the whole thing. She swore off the wig pretty quickly.Ellie, on the other hand, LOVES the wig!
Halloween night...
The cutest little Minnie Mouse you ever saw!
At 4 days old, that's the freshest weenie you ever saw! This was Ellie's costume. I think it was big on her. She was 5.5 months old when she wore it.
A little Ketchup and a little Mustard, and you got yourself a cute little hot dog.
I had to include this picture of our neighbor's dog, Katrina. Such a fun costume!
After hosting Halloweenie the past 7 years, we couldn't bear the idea of taking a year off. We had several friends and Grandma come to the rescue. Lauren and Eve were both mermaids. Fun! Note that I had chosen a white turtleneck for Eve to wear underneath, but after a long, drawn-out tantrum, she chose the cat shirt, and I was cool with that. Poor thing kept saying, "I don't think I'm cute".
Ariel and Obi-Wan weren't crazy about having their pictures taken, but we managed to snap this one.
Eve, John, Scotty, Noah, Rachel, Andrew, and Lauren. They made quite the Trick-or-Treating group.
Trick or Treat! Poor Ellie had trouble keeping up (so did I), so the girls and I had to split after a short while. Don't feel bad, though. They were happy with the Trick or Treating they did, and everyone got more candy than they'll ever be allowed to eat.
Scott and Buck manned the grill most of the night, except when they took their turns Trick or Treating with the kids. What a fun time! We are so thankful for the friends, family, and neighbors that helped us pull it off this year. Eight years running - some neighborhood kids have grown up on our tradition, we've met so many new neighbors, and throughout the neighborhood we're known as "Oh, you're the ones that do the hotdogs!" 230ish served this year! Happy Halloweenie!











No comments:
Post a Comment