Monday, October 27, 2008

John's first Jack-O-Lantern

Last night was trunk or treat at church. This morning I had to work through a tantrum and try to explain to John why we couldn't go trick or treating at 9am October 26. Unfortunately he hasn't been feeling very well, so he hasn't been having the best time with the holiday, but he's getting the idea and having lots of fun anyway. Tonight he carved his first Jack-O-Lantern. I think part of the problem was that he was sick and tired. He was grossed out by the insides and refused to touch them. Buck kept taunting him with the goo...I'll post pictures. John showed himself to be pretty smart, though. Buck tried to trick him into giving him five and getting goo on his hand, but John requested the other hand for a five. Smart kid. Anyway, we let him draw on the pumpkin, which he enjoyed, then let him help drill holes along some of his drawings, which he also enjoyed. He drew choo choo tracks, his favorite thing to draw. For some reason I can't post the pictures. I'll have to try on a separate post.

No comments: