This may take a few posts. John had fun Trick-or-Treating. It was such a slow process. He walked so slowly from house to house. I'd let him go by himself to ring the doorbell. So cute seeing him on his tippie toes. He was very good about only ringing it once (although I never was quite sure if it actually rang and they were just taking a long time to come, or if he didn't quite get it). After he rang the doorbell he'd start walking away. I kept telling him he had to wait until they came to the door, so he'd sit on the step...not even looking at the door. He did a great job saying trick-or-treat and also saying thank you. We only hit a few houses up and down the street, but he really enjoyed it. So much so, that he continues to ask if we can go again, and again, and again. We handed out quite a few hot dogs, and he enjoyed that too.
Around bed time, John went home with Grandma and we went to get a few hours sleep before leaving at 3am for Boston. Poor Eve thought it was morning when we got her up at 3, weird nap schedules the whole trip, then throw on a time change! She's completely confused now. So we flew to Boston and Eve went to her first Clemson away game. She's now 2-0 for games she's attended. We'll keep her. It was freezing, but we put on just about every outfit she owns, so she was toasty...all except her cheeks. I think she enjoyed watching everything. She just wasn't very fond of the screeching eagle they play after a touchdown. Who can blame her for that? She did great on the trip. She slept on the plane, smiled at everybody, and just went with the flow. We walked most of the freedom trail, saw Old Ironsides, Bunker Hill, Paul Revere's House, Harvard (dropped an application while we were there...she's a shoe-in) and all the other standard sites. Oh, and she sat at the bar at Cheers. The whole time we were there, we were missing John, but thinking about how much he would've hated everything...the flight, the T, all the walking. He had a much better time with Grandma. They went trick-or-treating AGAIN, made pancakes (which is one of his most favorite things to do. He loves to help), collected acorns and sweet gum balls, and who knows what else. All I know is that he didn't want to come home to see us, and he's been asking to go back ever since. Mom said that at church Saturday night they were learning about the Good Samaritan. His teacher said he had a boo boo and was acting like he needed help. Evidently John put half of his sticker on the teacher like a band-aid. What a sweet boy. We talked to him on the phone a couple of times. He was always excited to tell us what he was doing. He even got to vote. Mom said she asked who he wanted to vote for...McCain or Obama...and he said Cain. When I asked him the same question over the phone, he said something like Cainobamamama. He's really started to enjoy talking on the phone. Mostly to Buck.
Eve finally has a crib to sleep in and slept in it for the first time last night. I checked on her before we went to sleep to see if she was enjoying all the extra space. She hadn't moved. When I got her this morning, though, she was completely flipped around. She's rolling all over the place now. We're still having trouble getting her to laugh. It seems like the only time she does it is when she has the hiccups. I'm not sure if she thinks the hiccups are funny, or if laughing gives her the hiccups. She's laughing a little bit more, but still not a lot. She's tough because tickling doesn't do the trick. You actually have to do something funny. Her favorite thing now is her feet. She loves playing with them and chewing on them.
I'll have to post pictures soon, but I'm being summoned, so it'll have to wait for another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment