Last year I asked Eve if she wanted to take dance. At the time she said, "No, I already learned how to dance at the Daddy Daughter Dance". While Daddy is quite the entertainer on the dance floor, some real lessons couldn't hurt. Actually, Eve just LOVES to dance, so I figured she would just LOVE dance class. I was really nervous and did a lot of research to find a place that would encourage my little girl to be a little girl. Too many places want them to grow up too fast. I had several good reports about this place, Studio A. Miss Cindy, the owner, is Eve's teacher. We had quite the count-down to her first "real" dance lesson, which she more than loved. Since then, each week, we've been counting down the days until the next lesson.
Before the first class I asked her to give me a dancer's pose. She had so many different ones to choose from...none quite like a dancer, but all fun.They do tap for about half the class. The tap shoes are only allowed in the classroom, so this was the first time she got to tap them. Fun!
We've gotten a little bit of a buy one-get one free deal. Ellie loves to watch through the window and do what they're doing.
The second half of class is ballet. Poor Eve has chubby little feet, so we had to go two sizes up to get her ballet shoes to fit. They look a little like witch shoes, still she loves them. Tippie toes!
What a pretty little dancer. I love that she has so much fun doing it, and her teacher is really great. The last 5 minutes or so of class they have free movement time with streamers or hula hoops or other fun things. Dance can be pricey, but so far this is money very well spent. She really does love love love it.






No comments:
Post a Comment