Before we had a name for Eve, we lovingly called her "Spicey Ann". Believe it or not, it's a family name from long ago. Judy (Grandma Bucky) misunderstood and called her "Sassy Ann". I blame her for every ounce of sassy this child has, and believe me...there's a TON!
One thing Eve has been doing for a while is walking in a room, putting her hand on her hip, and in a very accusatory voice saying, "Hey! Who's coming on here?" She means, "What's going on here?" If I answer, she just keeps asking. It's particularly entertaining when she's wearing some mix of sunglasses or princess attire.
Eve definitely knows what she wants as far as her attire goes, head to toe including (especially) her panties...which she carries everywhere with her and drags out of both the underwear drawer and dirty clothes basket.
Eve is very clear about who is pretending to be whom, how you should pretend, and when you should NOT be singing the related princess song. "Pretend I'm Tiana, you're Sleeping Beauty (or Sweeping Booty), John's not playing, and Daddy's Snow White...NO! You stop singing!" All of this complete with hand gestures flipping at the wrist, or pointing with a flip of the wrist.
When I took Eve in for her 3-year well check she was chatting away about this and that. Dr. Belvin was going through developmental milestones and mentioned that her speech sounded good, to which I replied, "She certainly practices enough." "Sassy Ann" only hits the tip of the iceberg.
No comments:
Post a Comment