Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Parties

I hadn't planned on attending the Easter parties at school since I wasn't on deck for planning.  Eve asked me the night before if I was coming, though, and really, how do you turn that down?  Since I know it takes a significant amount of time to hide eggs, and about 15 seconds to find them all, I knew I'd have to split time.  We made it to John's egg hunt and Eve's party.
 We were really early for the egg hunt (and they were a good bit late).  Ellie enjoyed finding the eggs, and actually did well when I told her she'd have to put some back since the kids weren't there yet.  She really had the right idea.  She even started picking them up and throwing them back once she learned she couldn't keep them just yet.
 Unfortunately that grew old, and she wasn't very happy when the real thing started.  She decided she didn't want any eggs anymore.
 Here's John's class...chomping at the bit to get after those eggs
 And they're off!  So fun.
 Eve really enjoyed her party too.  With that much sugar, who wouldn't?
Somehow Ellie always manages to make out like a bandit at these parties.  She fits right in. 

No comments: